About Pursuit 6:10 Church
We are a passionate group of people who are excited about and in love with Jesus. We love spending time in the presence of God through worship, prayer and relationship. Come and join us in our ‘Pursuit’ in becoming more transformed into the image of God’s Son.
Who We Are
Our name Pursuit 6:10 is based upon Matthew 6:10, “Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven”. Our desire is to pursue the heart of the Father and to release His kingdom in and through our lives, to see our communities and city impacted by the goodness and love of God. We celebrate the journey, embracing the process, endeavouring to go beyond the status quo to transition into God’s definition of normal.
Culture We Value
“We Are Pursued To Pursue”
These values define the culture we are living in and out of as a community of believers at Pursuit 6:10. Knowing that we are pursued by the Father, we too are pursuing all He is, has and does, bringing heaven to earth.
We are Pursuing:
- God the Father through an intimate love relationship which is critical to knowing, trusting and following Him.
- To live life full of the Holy Spirit, to host the presence of God and to release the culture of heaven on earth.
- To honour all people, who are highly valued by the Father, created in His image and thought of by the Father before the foundation of the world.
- To reveal the goodness of God, by extending His love and making a difference in the lives of others locally and abroad.
- To live out biblical truth from revelation and empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- To cheerfully give generously of our love, time and possessions, with faithfulness, as this reflects the Father’s heart.
- To be a church which is kingdom focused, supporting, building and loving the wider body of Christ.
What We Believe
- There is one God: God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession & in His imminent return
- In the person and work of the Holy Spirit with His fruit & gifts available in the Church;
- The Bible is the word of God – authoritative & everlasting and the foundation of all Christian doctrine
- In the existence of an evil spiritual being – the devil
- In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the “new birth” by faith in Jesus Christ
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers, with the normal evidence of speaking in other tongues
- In the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life & the other to everlasting separation from God
- In the church being the body of Christ, & each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission
Looking for further information?
Find out more about Pursuit Life.